Hi everyone. As you know we have packed up our lives for two years and are off to Sydney and the sunshine. We are hoping to find work and travel but if all else fails we will be back! We hope that you will keep in touch and add comments to our blog.

Saturday 27 February 2010

A couple of weeks at the yard...


Hi everyone, well it has been an eventful couple of weeks at the yard. I have been doing a lot of riding this week which is good! There has been a lot to get through so we have been working hard. One of the girls at the yard said that I could ride her horse while she was at work. I was really excited as Dave said we could go out for a ride around the property. Well it didn't quite work out that way...after I had tacked her up in the stable she then slipped on her droppings and fell on the floor...after three attempts, she finally gave up and calmed down...both Mona and I were frantic, she was bruised all over and had cut herslef all over so I spent all of last week nursing her better. You can see in the picture what I spent most of the week doing...icing her legs and massaging away the swelling. Since then she has returned to work and had a jumping lesson the other day and went to her first competetion yesterday and jumped clear so she must be better!

1 comment:

Followers